Monday, September 22, 2008

Because if I were your major, I'd have to ask you dumb questions...

Well, I finally started nursing school. I don't know if it is at all what I expected it to be, but so far I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not so sure what other people think nurses do all day, but here's a few gems I've heard from people in reaction to me telling them I'm in nursing school:
1. Oh. Is that, like, a big deal?
2. Why don't you just become a doctor?
3. Gross.
4. Is that a four year degree? Why don't you just get an associate degree?
5. Wow. That's noble.

My response:
1. Yes, it is, like, a big deal.
2. Oh my god, I hadn't thought of that. It's so simple. The professions are practically the same thing, except one gets paid more. How stupid of me.
3. Staring usually works.
4. Hitting my head on the table usually works.
5. Yes, I know. I'm thinking about shaving my head, too, and giving up all my food to orphans. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Well...I guess we'll see who's laughing when I have a job after graduation.

No comments: